You deserve to be the best version of yourself. That is why at Totally Smiles, we offer a range of safe and pioneering cosmetic dentistry services to help you attain the confidence that a healthy, even smile may give you.
What is cosmetic dentistry?
Cosmetic dentistry refers to the range of dental treatments that restore or improve the appearance of a person’s teeth, gums, bite, or smile. Many dental treatments fall into this category, including:
- dental veneers
- teeth whitening
- facial injectable
- tooth-coloured fillings
- Invisalign / ClearCorrect
When can cosmetic dentistry help?
These treatments can assist any person wanting to improve the appearance of their teeth and gums and also their dental hygiene. They can help with:
- discoloured or stained teeth
- chipped or misshapen teeth
- crooked teeth
- teeth with unsightly gaps between them
- improving your whole smile
What are the benefits of cosmetic dentistry?
While the main benefit of cosmetic dentistry is the creation or restoration of an aesthetically pleasing smile, it is functional too. Some procedures help strengthen teeth and improve bite. Protecting hairline cracks or uneven edges of a tooth also prevents further damage.
Additionally, there are other social and health benefits associated with cosmetic dentistry, including:
- an improved psychological outlook and higher self-esteem
- the reversal of dental problems that were previously a source of embarrassment
- better oral health because straight teeth are easier to clean and decay is easier to spot on white teeth
- avoiding the need for more costly dental treatments in the future
- Protection against decay
- ConsiderationsCosmetic dentistry may enhance your appearance and boost your self-esteem. However, not all cosmetic dental treatments are appropriate for everyone. More importantly, the state of a person’s oral health determines their suitability for cosmetic dentistry. Everyone’s situation is unique and the initial appointment with our dentist will confirm your suitability.Contact your local Totally Smiles practice for more information on cosmetic dentistry, or book an appointment online now.