At Totally Smiles, we use state-of-the-art technology that ensures we’re leading the way in dental care and comfort. We offer the most advanced dental solution for people wanting to replace their missing tooth or teeth — dental implants.
What are dental implants?
Dental implants are a long-term solution for tooth or teeth replacement. They are made of biocompatible titanium and are inserted surgically so that it fuses with the jawbone. This process is called “osseointegration”. Like the roots of natural teeth, they provide a permanent anchor for replacement teeth, including crowns and bridges.
When are dental implants used?
Dental implants may be an ideal solution for people who have lost one or more teeth due to tooth decay or injury. Candidates for implants should be in good general and oral health and have adequate bone in the jaw to support the implant.
What are the benefits?
Implants provide a number of important cosmetic and functional benefits:
- They are a permanent solution, providing teeth that look, feel, and function like natural teeth.
- They do not slip, so there is no discomfort or embarrassment.
- You can clean implants along with natural teeth.
- Implants are strong enough to provide a reliable foundation for chewing.
- They prevent bone loss and maintain the jawbone’s shape and density. This ensures the integrity of the facial structure and facial appearance.
- Implants do not compromise the health of surrounding teeth, unlike traditional options such as bridges.
Implants may not be for everyone. If you have brittle, damaged jaw bones or bone loss and some general health issues, you may find that they are not the best solution for you.
We are proud of our dentists who are ethical and honest. You can rely on us to provide you with clear explanations about your options so that you can make informed decisions that are right for you and your oral health.